Box Office Report: 'Jurassic Park 3D' Opens No. 1 in China With $6.3 Million
Universal's rerelease had the fourth-biggest opening day for a U.S. film in China in 2013.
Jurassic Park 3D had a strong opening day in China, debuting at No. 1 and raking in $6.3 million on 2,500 screens.
This marks the fourth-biggest opening day for a U.S. film in China in 2013. Iron Man 3 ($19.1 million), Pacific Rim ($8.6 million) and Fast & Furious 6 ($8.3 million) currently hold the top three spots. Man of Steel opened just below Jurassic Park 3D with $6.2 million in China.
For comparison, another rerelease, Titanic 3D, opened in China to $11.2 million. The Leonardo DiCaprio/Kate Winslet starrer went on to gross $150.3 million in China, one of the top grosses of all time.
Universal's Jurassic Park 3D has grossed a total of $20.7 million at the international box office. The film will open in Mexico, Panama, Spain and Ireland this coming weekend.
The rerelease of Steven Spielberg's dinosaur thriller -- 20 years after the original -- hit U.S. theaters in April, coming in No. 4 domestically with $18.2 million, one of the top openings for a 3D redo.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR