Box Office Report: 'Men in Black 3' Becomes Highest-Grossing Title in Franchise
Sony's threequel has now eclipsed the $589.4 million earned by the original "Men in Black."
Will Smith's star status remains intact.
Men in Black 3 has now earned $599.4 million worldwide to become the highest-grossing title in the Sony franchise.
In 1997, Men in Black earned $589.4 million (MIB3 had already eclipsed Men in Black II, which grossed $441.8 million globally).
MIB3 -- also starring Tommy Lee Jones and Josh Brolin -- has earned the lion's share of its gross overseas.
The movie's international cume through Sunday was an impressive $429.8 million, compared to $169.6 million domestically.
MIB3 has generated big numbers in Japan, grossing $37.6 million to date in that territory. Moviegoers in the U.K. also have turned out in force, propelling the film's gross in that territory to $32.8 million. Third up is Germany, where MIB3 has grossed $24.2 million.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR