Box Office Report: 'Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides' Sails Past $700 Mil Mark
The sequel hit the milestone in its 16th day in theaters.
Setting an industry record for speed, Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides sailed past the $700 million mark at the worldwide box office on Friday, its 16th day in release.
The pic's international cume now stands at $536.7 million, while it has grossed $172.2 million in North America. The global total is $708.9 million.
On Stranger Tides has done especially good business in countries where 3D is thriving, such as Russia and China.
The franchise installment is easily the top-grossing movie of the year at the global box office. Universal's Fast Five ranks No. 2 at $547.2 million.
Jerry Bruckheimer Films produced the sequel, starring Johnny Depp and Penelope Cruz.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR