Box Office Report: 'Skyfall' Runs Up $12.75 Million for Imax on Opening Weekend
The North American debut of the Daniel Craig-starring tentpole marked the best-ever opening for the giant screen exhibitor outside of the summer months.
HALIFAX, NOVA SCOTIA – Skyfall brought in $12.75 million in opening weekend box office for giant screen exhibitor Imax, from 320 North American dates.
The weekend gross, with a per-screen average of $40,000, marked Imax’s best-ever domestic opening for a film outside of the summer months.
Overall, Skyfall took in an estimated $87.8 million this weekend at the domestic box office for EON Productions, MGM Studios and Sony Pictures Entertainment.
Imax earlier opened Skyfall overseas, with the 23rd installment in the James Bond franchise grossing an estimated $2.7 million in 127 large format theatres internationally this weekend.
Overseas, Imax said it has brought in $14.5 million in box office for the Daniel Craig-starrer after 17 days of international release.
"Bond is back in a big way," Greg Foster, chairman and president of Imax Filmed Entertainment, declared in a statement Monday.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game