Boxoffice: Youth in Revolt
The under-25 crowd is staying away from the multiplex in mass numbers as studios struggle to understand why.
The kids aren’t all right. A significant drop in the number of people younger than 25 going to the movies is sparking alarm across Hollywood, and it’s part of the reason why domestic box-office revenue has been down since before Christmas (the decline isn’t just about last year’s Avatar spike).
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR