Brad Furman to direct 'Valet'
Matthew Aldrich aboard to draft rewrite of thriller
Brad Furman is taking the wheel to helm the suspense thriller "Valet" for Warner Bros.
Additionally, scribe Matthew Aldrich has come aboard to rewrite Alan McElroy's original screenplay, which was inspired by true events of a parking attendant who becomes obsessed with a female customer and systematically inserts himself into her life.
Nicole Rocklin and Wendy Rhoads are producing, along with Alcon's Broderick Johnson and Andrew Kosove. Alcon's Steven Wegner and Jesse Israel are executive producing.
With Furman and Aldrich aboard, the producers are fast-tracking the project with a first quarter 2009 start date.
"Valet" is the latest project Alcon, which recently released "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2," is producing. The company recently announced a green light for "The Book of Eli" starring Denzel Washington.
Newcomer Furman's first film, "The Take" starring John Leguizamo, Rosie Perez and Tyrese Gibson, premiered at last year's Toronto International Film Festival.
Furman is repped by CAA and Ace Media.
Aldrich, repped by Gersh and Silent R Management, is no stranger to Alcon. He has a script in development with the company titled "Counterfeit Son." His credits include Screen Gems' "Cleaner," directed by Renny Harlin.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game