Brad Garrett In Talks to Join Steve Carell in 'Burt Wonderstone' (Exclusive)
The New Line magician comedy will be directed by "30 Rock" veteran Don Scardino.
Brad Garrett, the Emmy-winning actor best known for his work on Everybody Loves Raymond, is in negotiations to join the high-powered cast of Burt Wonderstone, New Line’s magician comedy.
Steve Carell toplines the movie, set in the world of rival Las Vegas magicians. Carell plays a more traditional magic man who is dethroned by a hipper illusionist doing dangerous tricks. He breaks up with his partner and must find a way to rediscover his love for magic.
Jim Carrey, James Gandolfini, Olivia Wilde and Steve Buscemi already are on board.
Garrett will play a supporting role as Carrell’s accountant, whom he fires.
The movie is scheduled to go before cameras in January. Don Scardino (30 Rock) is directing.
Garrett won three Emmys for Raymond (he was nominated five times), the long-running and critically acclaimed sitcom. He also starred for four seasons in the comedy ‘Til Death.
He is repped by UTA, Management 360 and attorney Michael Gendler.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR