Brad Pitt Confirms Engagement to Angelina Jolie
The actor's manager tells THR, "It is a promise for the future and their kids are very happy... Brad designed the ring."
After seven years and six children together, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are engaged.
"Yes, it's confirmed. It is a promise for the future and their kids are very happy. There's no date set at this time. Brad designed the ring," Pitt's manager, Cynthia Pett-Dante, told The Hollywood Reporter on Friday afternoon.
Earlier Friday, THR confirmed that the sparkler Jolie wore Wednesday night at a museum event in L.A. is indeed an engagement ring. Robert Procop, the Beverly Hills jeweler and former CEO of Asprey & Garrard, the British jewelry company to the English royal family, said he crafted Jolie's ring in collaboration with Pitt.
Procop told THR: "Brad had a specific vision for this ring, which he realized over a yearlong collaboration. He wanted every aspect of it to be perfect, so I was able to locate a diamond of the finest quality and cut it to an exact custom size and shape to suite Angelina's hand. Brad was always heavily involved, overseeing every aspect of the creative design evolution. The side diamonds are specially cut to encircle her finger. Each diamond is of the highest gem quality."
The pair are parents to Maddox, 10, Pax, 8, Zahara, 7, Shiloh, 5 and twins Knox and Viv, 3.
News of the engagement should come as no surprise to readers of The Hollywood Reporter. In January, Pitt told THR that he and Jolie did hope to one day tie the knot for the sake of their children.
“We’d actually like to,” he said of making Jolie his wife, “and it seems to mean more and more to our kids. We made this declaration some time ago that we weren’t going to do it till everyone can. But I don’t think we’ll be able to hold out. It means so much to my kids, and they ask a lot. And it means something to me, too, to make that kind of commitment.”
At the time, Pitt declined to comment on whether he had proposed yet. “I’m not going to go any further,” he said, “But to be in love with someone and be raising a family with someone and want to make that commitment and not be able to is ludicrous, just ludicrous.”
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'