Johnny Depp, 'The Dark Knight,' 'Lost' Named to IMDb's Top 10 of the Last Decade
THR cover star Brad Pitt also makes the list, released in honor of IMDbPro’s 10th anniversary.
As IMDbPro celebrates its 10th anniversary on Jan. 25, the subscription service for industry professionals announced its Top 10 actors, films and TV programs of the last decade, as well as an in-progress redesign of the site.
Johnny Depp is named the top star of the last 10 years, while The Dark Knight and Lost earn the top slots in the film and TV categories.
Also named are The Hollywood Reporter’s cover star Brad Pitt, at No. 2, Angelina Jolie and Tom Cruise, as well as Donnie Darko, Pulp Fiction, House M.D. and Grey’s Anatomy. The Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter series each have multiple titles receiving kudos -- two and three, respectively. Find the complete lists below.
The site has also calculated the 10 most anticipated in-production movies, with Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight Rises (unsurprisingly) notching the top spot. The project is followed by Men in Black III, The Dictator and G.I. Joe: Retaliation, while Lionsgate’s The Hunger Games comes in at No. 9.
“When we launched IMDbPro 10 years ago at the Sundance Film Festival, our vision was to build a service that would help entertainment industry professional get informed, get connected and get discovered,” said Col Needham, founder and CEO of IMDb. “We’re delighted that IMDbPro rapidly became the industry’s leading professional subscription service and source of behind-the-scenes information and access. We’re humbled and proud of the role IMDbPro has quietly played over the last deade. For example, Robert Pattinson was discovered by a studio executive using IMDbPro to search for actors to read for the role of Edward in the wildly popular Twilight franchise.” Twilight, for the record, comes in at No. 8 on the movies countdown, while Pattinson is not named.
The IMDbPro team -- currently celebrating in Park City -- are in the process of redesigning the site. The new design will include enhanced name, title and company pages, in addition to more powerful search functionality. Users can get a sneak peek of the new layout, which is expected to launch this summer, here.
Top 10 Stars of the Last 10 Years*
1. Johnny Depp
2. Brad Pitt
3. Angelina Jolie
4. Tom Cruise
5. Natalie Portman
6. Christian Bale
7. Scarlett Johansson
8. Jennifer Aniston
9. Keira Knightley
10. Emma Watson
*Highest average IMDbPro STARmeter ranking over the last 10 years.
Top 10 Films of the Last 10 Years*
1. The Dark Knight
2. Donnie Darko
3. Pulp Fiction
4. The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
5. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
6. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
7. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
9. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
10. The Godfather
*Highest average IMDbPro MOVIEmeter ranking over the last 10 years.
Top 10 TV Series of the Last 10 Years*
2. House M.D.
3. Grey's Anatomy
5. How I Met Your Mother
8. True Blood
10. Gossip Girl
*Highest average ranking over the last 10 years.
Top 10 Most Anticipated In-Production Movies*
1. The Dark Knight Rises
2. Men in Black III
3. The Dictator
4. G.I. Joe: Retaliation
5. The Expendables 2
7. The Avengers
8. Rock of Ages
9. The Hunger Games
*Highest average IMDbPRo MOVIEmeter rank of all films currently in production.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Amanda Seyfried and Cara Delevingne are Joining Pan
- Theater Review: Michelle Williams and Alan Cumming Come (Back) to the Cabaret
- Christopher Meloni on Surviving Jack, Surviving Dinosaurs, and Why His Oz Character Was Revolutionary
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch Director on Those Fake Hurt Locker Playbills