Brad Pitt on Red-Carpet Prankster Vitalii Sediuk: 'He's Going to Get Stomped'
Pitt revealed details of the incident at the "Maleficent" premiere last week, saying: "I looked down and the nutter was trying to bury his face in my crotch."
Following the altercation with red carpet prankster Vitalii Sediuk at the Maleficant premiere in Hollywood on May 28, Brad Pitt has opened up about the surprise attack that landed the Ukrainian ex-journalist behind bars.
Pitt was at the premiere of Angelina Jolie's latest fantasy film with their children Maddox, 12, Pax, 10, Zahara, 9, Shiloh, 8, and Knox, 5, when Sediuk leapt over a barrier at the El Capitan Theatre on Hollywood Boulevard and tried to grab the World War Z star's face.
"I was at the end of the line signing autographs, when out the corner of my eye I saw someone stage-diving over the barrier at me. I took a step back; this guy had latched onto my lapels," Pitt told People in a statement Monday.
"I looked down and the nutter was trying to bury his face in my crotch, so I cracked him twice in the back of the head -- not too hard -- but enough to get his attention, because he did let go. I think he was then just grabbing for a hand hold because the guys were on him, and he reached up and caught my glasses."
"I don't mind an exhibitionist," Pitt went on to say according to People, "but if this guy keeps it up he's going to spoil it for the fans who have waited up all night for an autograph or a selfie, because it will make people more wary to approach a crowd. And he should know, if he tries to look up a woman's dress again, he's going to get stomped."
Sediuk was immediately arrested and booked on suspicion of misdemeanor battery and held at the LAPD's Hollywood station in lieu of $20,000 bail, while Pitt continued signing autographs and attended the screening.
The 25-year-old was fired from the 1+1 TV channel May 17 after he jumped beneath America Ferrera's dress on a Cannes red carpet, The Hollywood Reporter confirmed Friday.
In a statement, Galyna Grubliak, a spokeswoman for the network, said Sediuk "no longer represents the interests of the company."
"[The] prank on the red carpet at the Cannes Film Festival was Vitalii's personal initiative," Grubliak said in the statement. "The journalist did not report his plans to the channel's editorial office."