Brad Pitt's Jennifer Aniston Gaffe: What THR Readers Are Saying
"It's interesting that he is saying something negative about their marriage now, when she is obviously happy with someone else," wrote one reader.
Brad Pitt made some surprising comments in a recent interview with Parade about his ex-wife, Jennifer Aniston, and The Hollywood Reporter readers have some comments of their own about the Moneyball actor’s candid answers.
Pitt, who stars in Moneyball, which will open in theaters on Friday, September 23, said in the interview, “I spent the ‘90s trying to hide out, trying to duck the full celebrity cacophony. I started to get sick of myself sitting on a couch, holding a joint, hiding out. It started feeling pathetic. It became very clear to me that I was intent on trying to find a movie about an interesting life, but I wasn’t living an interesting life myself. I think that my marriage [to Aniston] had something to do with it. Trying to pretend the marriage was something that it wasn’t."
Pitt later told The Hollywood Reporter through a statement that his comments were misinterpreted. “It grieves me that this was interpreted this way," he said. "Jen is an incredibly giving, loving and hilarious woman who remains my friend. It is an important relationship I value greatly. The point I was trying to make is not that Jen was dull, but that I was becoming dull to myself -- and that, I am responsible for."
Many readers were surpised by Pitt’s comments and put in their own two cents on THR’s website:
“Brad should just stop talking now because no one believes he meant other than what he said in the interview. He's grieving? Well, he'll be grieving a lot more when he sees the box office totals for his new movie,” wrote Rainlvr.
“Not an Aniston fan, but the words he rattled off about the current greatness of his life sounded like a prepared speech given to a hostage. Was Angelina Jolie in another room hissing into his ear piece: don't forget to say the part about my being a great mom,” wrote Danny.
“Nice way to try to back peddle...either he said it or he didn't. Frankly, I think it was scripted, as I truly don't believe he came up with the word "cacophony". Take off the "caco" and that's what Brad is..,” wrote Julia Clark.
“If all that man did was sit on the couch and smoke, no wonder he found marriage ‘uninteresting’,” wrote Msmdavis. “You get out of it, most of the time, what you put in to it.”
“It was RUDE to say that. Period. End of story,” wrote How is he going to feel if Aniston remarries and says 'well all he wanted to do was sit around and smoke dope?'” wrote Mignon2500.
“He's a real jerk. Good thing Jen is not with this moron. I gotta say Jen has the worse taste in men. She should've seen right through Pitt before marrying him,” wrote Anonymous.
“It's interesting that he is saying something negative about their marriage, now, when she is obviously happy with someone else,” wrote Jonesterry.
“I doubt he was trying to be rude. He and Aniston have both been amicable to each other throughout their break-up. I don't know why this "war" between their fans is still alive. I understand that their break-up was controversial, but personally I have always liked both of them,” wrote Kristen.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, & Kate Upton Attend Final 'Other Woman' Screening!
- Kristin Chenoweth & Jane Krakowski: Broadway Babies at 'Cabaret' Opening Night!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Make Last Stop on Australia Trip
- Khloe Kardashian Endorses the Messy Bun Hairstyle, Wears Her Hair Down Instead