Brad Pitt's 'World War Z' to Screen in Imax in Hong Kong, Australia
The giant screen exhibitor has digitally remastered the zombie action thriller into its 3D format for a June 20 release overseas.
BANFF, ALBERTA – Marc Forster’s World War Z, starring Brad Pitt, is to screen from June 20 in Imax theaters in Australia and Hong Kong.
The deal with Paramount Pictures and Skydance Productions, in association with Hemisphere Media Capital and GK Films, has seen the zombie apocalypse thriller digitally remastered into Imax’s 3D format before landing day-and-date in other foreign territories.
"We're thrilled that World War Z is [Brad Pitt's] first Imax release and look forward to his fans having the opportunity to experience it in the world's most immersive format,” said Greg Foster, chairman and president of Imax Entertainment, in a statement Tuesday.
Paramount’s action thriller, in which Pitt plays a family man in a race against time to stop a zombie infestation that is threatening to decimate his loved ones and the world, also stars Mireille Enos and James Badge Dale.
The film is from a script by Matthew Michael Carnahan, who adapted the book by Max Brooks.
World War Z will get its domestic release on June 21.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR