Brad Womack Chooses Emily Maynard on 'Bachelor' Finale (Video)
Womack proposed to Maynard (instead of Chantal O'Brien) on the ABC series Monday night.
Brad Womack presented the final rose to Emily Maynard on Monday's finale of The Bachelor.
The two finalists were good girl Maynard and party girl Chantal O'Brien.
"I've gone through so much to get to where I am today. I've made so many mistakes and had so many ups and downs. I always believed that when the time was right, I'd find the woman that I've been looking for for my entire life. I knew it would take opening up ways in I wasn't used to….All it took was coming here and finding you," Womack told the 24-year-old single mother (her fiance died in a plane crash) as he slipped a Neil Lane diamond on her finger in Cape Town, South Africa.
"You're so much more to me than a leap of faith. You're the one. You're my once in a lifetime. I'm asking you to give me your forever. Please let me be your best friend, let me protect you and your beautiful daughter and please give me the opportunity to love you for the rest of your life," he added.
This is Womack's second time on the show.
He sparked viewer outrage when he rejected both finalists DeAnna Pappas and Jenni Croft in 2007.
ABC renewed the show for a 17th season on Monday.
On Jimmy Kimmel Live Monday, it was announced Ashley Hebert, from Womack's season of The Bachelorette, would be the next Bachelorette, premiering this May.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ultimate Warrior Autopsy Finds Wrestler Died Of Cardiovascular Disease
- The Final Trailer For 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past Is A Traveler Of Both Time & Space
- A Conversation with The Both's Aimee Mann & Ted Leo, Plus A Quick Chat with Dolly Parton
- 'True Detective' Meets 'The Family Circus' Is Pure Evil Genius
- Brant Daugherty & Ian Harding Support a Good Cause at the Road To Hope Charity Benefit!
- Leonardo DiCaprio Wrestles a Friend at Coachella & Loses Badly (Video)
- Lily Aldridge's Toned Tummy is Why You Should Hit the Gym Now!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Change Outfits for Australia Arrival with Prince George!