Bradley Cooper Calls Lance Armstrong Movie Rumors 'Nuts'
UPDATED: The "Silver Linings Playbook" star denies reports he'll play the disgraced cyclist on the big screen.
Bradley Cooper is denying rumors he'll play Lance Armstrong on the big screen.
In an interview with Access Hollywood at Sunday's Screen Actors Guild Awards, the Silver Linings Playbook star responded with a "no" when asked about reports he's been cast as the disgraced cyclist.
"Oh my god, that's so nuts!" he said, amused by the chatter.
Cooper told BBC News last Tuesday that he'd "be interested" in taking on the role of Armstrong. "I think he's fascinating," he said on the British outlet's Manchester-based morning show.
J.J. Abrams, whose production company (along with Paramount Pictures) recently picked up the rights to a New York Times sports writer's proposal for a book called Cycle of Lies: The Fall of Lance Armstrong, confirmed to Entertainment Tonight over the weekend that he's in talks with Cooper about starring in a biopic and that the actor emailed him expressing interest.
"I had no idea what [(he interviewer) was talking about. I didn’t even know that J.J. has the rights, I had no idea," Cooper said in his Access Hollywood chat.
Cooper's rep declined comment.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Isabel Lucas & Jim Sturgess Bring 'Electric Slide' to Tribeca Film Fest!
- Sofia Vergara's 'Fading Gigalo' Threesome Scene: I Was a Little Nervous!
- Leighton Meester Enjoyed Easter Dinner with Husband Adam Brody - Find Out the Romantic Details! (Exclusive)
- Emma Stone Publicly Questions Boyfriend Andrew Garfield's Views on Femininity - Watch Now!