'Brady Bunch,' 'Gilligan's Island' Creator Sherwood Schwartz's Posthumous Farewell Letter to Family, Fans
The famed '70s TV show producer asked THR to publish this letter upon his death.
Following the death of Sherwood Schwartz on Tuesday, The Hollywood Reporter has been given a farewell letter titled “A Conversation at the Gates” from the late writer’s family.
The Gilligan’s Island and The Brady Bunch creator penned the goodbye as an account of what he expected to encounter upon reaching “the Pearly Gates” of heaven. In it, Schwartz recalls the day he met wife Mildred, the goals achieved by each of his four children, as well as his own long and rewarding career.
It was his intent to have the document published in THR after his death. Read the complete text below.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR