Brandon Flowers taps Oscar winner for video
'Crossfire' clip features Charlize Theron as heroine
NEW YORK -- It's not clear what exactly Brandon Flowers did to face the wrath of a crew of assassins in the video for his new single, "Crossfire," but thankfully one beautiful actress by the name of Charlize Theron has his back.
The action-packed "Crossfire" clip could be mistaken for a preview of the next Scorcese movie, as Theron plays a badass heroine who rescues Flowers from torturous situations not once, not twice, but on three separate occasions. The usually somber-faced Killers frontman cracks a smile after each successful rescue mission (most notably at 3:49, while hanging upside down in a strait jacket).
In a typically Hollywood-style ending, Theron and Flowers drive off together in the sunset to safety, at least for now. But perhaps this is a story to be continued -- Flowers' solo album, "Flamingo" is due Sept. 14, giving him ample time to develop this epic saga.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ian Somerhalder Is Definitely the Hottest Paper Boy at LAX Airport!
- Katie Couric Flexes Her Muscles & She's Buffer Than You'd Imagine!
- Ariana Grande to Debut New Single 'Problem' at Radio Disney Music Awards! (Exclusive)
- Jason Derulo Rips Off His Shirt After Jordin Sparks Joins Him for Passionate Duet 'Vertigo'! (Video)