Brandy Signs With CAA (Exclusive)
The Grammy winner currently stars in BET’s “The Game.”
Brandy has signed with CAA.
After recurring on BET’s The Game last season, the former Moesha star joined the cast full time in season six as Chardonnay, the wife of Coby Bell’s ex-athlete Jason Pitts. The network announced in April that it was renewing the dramedy for a seventh season. Brandy also recently appeared on the big screen in Tyler Perry’s Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor.
As a recording artist, Brandy recorded her self-titled debut album in 1994, at the age of 15, and won a Grammy for her duet with Monica on 1998’s “The Boy Is Mine.” Her sixth album, Two Eleven, debuted at No. 1 on Billboard’s Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart in October 2012, and its lead single, “Put It Down” featuring Chris Brown, was Brandy’s highest-charting song since 2002’s “What About Us?” She is currently preparing a summer tour.
In other CAA music news, the agency has hired Buddy Lee Attractions booking agent Jake Kennedy, who will be based out of its Nashville office.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR