Braugher, Holden float to 'Mist'
Andre Braugher and Laurie Holden have materialized to join Thomas Jane in "The Mist," Dimension Films' adaptation of the Stephen King story being helmed by Frank Darabont, who also produces.
The script, written by Darabont, is set after a strange storm blows through a Maine town and its citizens are attacked by deadly creatures. A group of townfolks barricade themselves in a supermarket and struggle for survival.
"(Holden) was my leading lady in 'The Majestic,' and she is stupendous, talented and gorgeous," Darabont said. "She plays a very key role as one the people trapped in this existential Stephen King nightmare. On the good side of the aisle, she is the female lead of the movie."
"(Braugher) is Thomas Jane's neighbor, a high-powered attorney who has a weekend house in Maine. They have more of an adversarial relationship," Darabont said. "I've been a fan of Andre's since 'Glory.' I've never met him, and I'm so looking forward to it."
Shooting is slated to begin in mid- to late February in Shreveport, La.
Braugher recently won an Emmy for his work on FX's "Thief," which also garnered him a Golden Globe nomination. He next will appear in "Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer."
Braugher is repped by CAA, Principato-Young and attorney Keith Klevan.
Holden was last seen in "Silent Hill" and "Fantastic Four." She is repped by Innovative Artists.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR