Braugher's coming of 'Age' at TNT
Andre Braugher has been tapped to star opposite Ray Romano in TNT's drama pilot "Men of a Certain Age."
Meanwhile, Jimmi Simpson has joined Fox's two-hour backdoor pilot "Virtuality" and Yara Martinez has come aboard NBC's upcoming drama series "My Own Worst Enemy."
"Age," from Romano and Mike Royce, centers on three longtime buddies. Braugher plays one of Joe's (Romano) best friends, Owen, an overstressed husband and father who is a car salesman at his dad's dealership.
Braugher has teamed with director John Coles to option Ron McLarty's novel "The Memory of Running" with an eye to star in the potential feature. He is repped by Endeavor and Principato-Young.
"Virtuality" is set aboard Earth's first starship, which is equipped with advanced virtual reality modules. Simpson, repped by WMA and ROAR, will play a mysterious man who enters the virtual-reality world with a hostile agenda.
"Enemy" centers on Henry (Christian Slater), a suburban dad whose alter ego is a spy. Martinez, repped by APA and Allman/Rae , will play Henry's wife who has no idea about his double life. (partialdiff)
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Amanda Seyfried and Cara Delevingne are Joining Pan
- Theater Review: Michelle Williams and Alan Cumming Come (Back) to the Cabaret
- Christopher Meloni on Surviving Jack, Surviving Dinosaurs, and Why His Oz Character Was Revolutionary
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch Director on Those Fake Hurt Locker Playbills