AMC Offers Dish Subscribers Live Stream for 'Breaking Bad' Premiere
Despite the legal battle, AMC is allowing subscribers access to a season five premiere live stream on Sunday, July 15.
Dish Network subscribers, fear not: Even without AMC, you’ll still be able to catch the premiere of Breaking Bad on Sunday.
With the network currently dropped from the domestic sattelite service, AMC will offer a special live stream of the season five premiere to all Dish subscribers on amctv.com.
"In response to Dish’s recent drop of AMC to gain leverage in an unrelated lawsuit, the network will provide Dish customers access to the highly anticipated return of the Emmy Award-winning drama,” AMC wrote in a statement.
Beginning on Friday, July 13 at 3 PM ET, subscribers will be able to register for access to the live stream at www.amctv.com/breakingbad4dish.
Dish dropped carriage of the AMC Networks the end of June, replacing the network with HDNet movies.
"Dish claims to put its customers first yet they've taken away Dish viewers' favorite scripted drama series, AMC's The Walking Dead," AMC Networks said. "Dish dropped our networks not because of ratings or rates. In fact, Dish has not discussed rates with us at all. Dish customers have lost some of their favorite shows, because of an unrelated lawsuit, which has nothing at all to do with our programming."
It was reported that Dish said customers could still see the popular AMC shows including Mad Men, The Walking Dead, and Breaking Bad through such outlets as Amazon, iTunes and Netflix.
However, the Breaking Bad season five premiere will still be available via AMC’s live stream on Sunday, July 15 at 10PM EST.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram