'Breaking Dawn': Advance Sales for Final 'Twilight' Pic Pacing 27 Percent Ahead of Previous Film
Part two of the franchise finale will begin rolling out at 10 p.m. on Nov. 15.
Advance ticket sales for The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn -- Part 2 are pacing 27 percent ahead of sales for last year's Breaking Dawn -- Part 21, according to MovieTickets.com.
From Summit Entertainment, the final pic in the blockbuster vampire franchise has a strong shot of surpassing the $138.1 opening of Breaking Dawn 1 and the $142.8 million debut of The Twilight Saga: New Moon to become the top opener in the series.
Breaking Dawn 2 -- returning Kristin Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner in the lead roles -- begins playing in many theaters in North America on Thursday, Nov. 15, at 10 p.m.; by Friday, it will be playing across the globe.
Tickets for the film went on sale Oct. 29, generating $1.2 million in business on the first day. Updated numbers are not available.
At the same time as announcing the pace of advance sales of the Twilight pic, MovieTickets.com also announced it will begin ticketing an additional 438 screens in Canada owned by Empire Theatres, solidifying its position as the online movie ticketing provider in Canada (Fandango is the largest in the U.S.).
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR