Kristen Stewart on 'Snow White and the Huntsman' Sequel: 'There's a Strong Possibility' (Video)
Following a highly publicized scandal and questions regarding the future of Universal’s potential franchise, the “Breaking Dawn” actress tells THR there may be more to come.
Although The Hollywood Reporter broke the news that Kristen Stewart had been dropped from a sequel to Universal’s Snow White and the Huntsman back in August, the actress now hints that there might be more to come.
Speaking with THR at the press junket for her current project, The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2, Stewart teased that she might have heard more about a potential sequel to her summer hit.
“No one’s positive or anything, but I think there’s a strong possibility,” she said about the potential project.
Speculation swirled earlier this year when Stewart and her Snow White director Rupert Sanders were caught in the firestorm of a cheating scandal. But as THR previously reported, word that Stewart had been dropped from sequel plans largely was because of her huge salary -- not her highly publicized personal issues.
At the time, many had speculated that the studio would opt for a Huntsman-focused spinoff starring Chris Hemsworth.
A rep for Stewart could not be reached for comment.
Stewart is promoting the final film in The Twilight Saga, opening nationwide Nov. 16, as well as Walter Salles’ On the Road, in which she plays the free-spirited Mary Lou.
Email: Sophie.Schillaci@thr.com; Twitter: @SophieSchillaci
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR