Box Office Report: 'Twilight: Breaking Dawn' Scores $9.9 Mil on Monday
As kids and college students get out of school for Thanksgiving, the vampire pic enjoys robust weekday business.
Summit Entertainment's The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 grossed a strong $9.9 million on Monday as teen girls and college students began breaking for the Thanskgiving holiday.
Monday's earnings came close to matching the$10.5 million earned by The Twilight Saga: New Moon on the same Monday two years ago.
Breaking Dawn, opening to $138.1 million, has now grossed $148 million domestically. Its international earnings through Sunday were $144 million.
The movie continues to pace slightly behind New Moon, which opened to $142.8 million and grossed $153.3 million through its first Monday.
But there's no doubt that Breaking Dawn -- teaming director Bill Condon with franchise stars Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner -- is one of the biggest hits of the year and stands to do big business throughout the Thanksgiving holiday.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zosia Mamet Attends 'Hand To God' Opening Night with Boyfriend Evan Jonigkeit!
- Rita Ora Rocks Sexy Pink Bodysuit for L.A. Music Video Shoot!
- Shirtless Josh Henderson's Six Pack is Unreal in Op's Latest Campaign with Bikini-Clad Nina Agdal!
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!