Breakthrough takes wraps off telefilm unit
Marina Cordoni tapped as head of sales, biz development
TORONTO -- Canadian producer Breakthrough Films & Television has launched an original telefilm division with former Virgin Communications and PolyGram Filmed Entertainment executive Marina Cordoni as head of sales and business development.
Toronto-based Breakthrough said Tuesday that the division's first project is "Shadow Island Mysteries," a slate of TV movies set amid a luxury island resort.
The move into original TV movie production follows the international distribution by Breakthrough of a trio of telefilms from rival Canadian producer Blueprint Entertainment originally made for Lifetime in the U.S. and Global Television in Canada.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 10 Reimagined Disney Posters Bring Your Favorite Childhood Characters Back To Life
- DOCUMENTARY: How One Email Changed One Guy's Life... Forever
- Miley Cyrus Shows Off Her Sex Toy On Twitter, Should Seriously Be Taught What TMI Means
- Here's Everything Wrong With 'Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull'
- Diane Kruger Ties Up Her Shirt to Reveal Her Flat Stomach
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt Reenacts YouTube Viral Sensation 'David at the Dentist' - Watch Now!
- Michelle Obama Hosts Women in Soul Event, President Barack Obama Flubs Spelling of Aretha Franklin's 'Respect'
- Find Out How Oprah Winfrey Got Fooled By Princess Diana!