'Breathing' Collects Grand Prix at Ukraine’s Molodist Fest
The festival focused on young filmmakers came to a close on Sunday.
MOSCOW – The movie Breathing (Atmen) by the Austrian director Karl Markovics was awarded the Grand Prix of the 41st international film festival Molodist at the closing ceremony held in Kiev, Ukraine on Oct. 30.
The feature debut of Markovics, a well-known Austrian actor, collected the Scythian Deer statuette and a $10,000 cash prize. The drama centered on the story of 19-year-old Roman Kogler who is released on parole from a young offenders’ institution and lands a job at a funeral home, also picked up the main prize of the FIPRESCI Jury.
The award for the best feature film went to the Spanish/Argentine co-production Las Acacias, directed by Pablo Giorgelli and a special mention was given to Suicide Room (Sala samobojcow) by Poland’s Jan Komasa.
The Runaway (La Huida) by Spanish director Victor Carrey collected the main prize in the short film competition, and a special mention went to the Swiss film The Girl and the Hunter (La fille et le chasseur), directed by Jadwiga Kowalska.
Coral by Argentina’s Ignacio Chaneton and The Gallery (Galeria) by Poland’s Robert Proch shared the main prize in the student film competition. Coral also shared a special mention of the FICC Jury with the Ukrainian film Fellini Factor (Faktor Fellini), directed by Myroslava Khoroshun. The FICC Jury main prize went to the short film The Prayer (Tro, Hab Og Sex), directed by Denmark’s Emma Balcazar.
The Swiss movie The Little Room (La petite chambre), directed by Stephanie Chuat and Veronique Reymond collected the Ecumenical Jury Prize for Best Feature Film.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama