Brendan Fraser Takes Aim at 'William Tell' Lead Role
Anna Paquin is in negotiations to play the wife of the archer.
Brendan Fraser is taking aim to portray iconic archer William Tell.
Fraser is in negotiations to star in what is being called William Tell: 3D, with Nick Hurran, who directed the recent remake of TV's The Prisoner, attached to helm.
Todd Moyer is producing with Arclight's Gary Hamilton, with Arclight handling international sales at Cannes.
Anna Paquin is in negotiations to play Tell's wife, with German star Til Schweiger playing Habsburg king Hermann Gessler.
The Tell legend involves an archer who is forced to shoot an apple on the top of his son's head after not wanting to bow (no pun intended) in front of the king's statue. When the monarch inquires why Tell had two arrows in his quiver, the archer replied the other arrow was for the king in case he missed the apple. The ensuing events led to an uprising, eventually causing the formation of state of Switzerland.
Scott Reynolds wrote the script.
The producers are hoping to shoot this fall in Romania and Switzerland.
Fraser is currently shooting Whole Lotta Sole, co-written and directed by Terry George, in Ireland.
He is repped by CAA, Brillstein Entertainment Partners and attorney Patti Felker.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)