Bret Easton Ellis Unveils 'The Canyons' Trailer Sans Lindsay Lohan (Video)
The promo for the writer's upcoming indie film is a montage of images from L.A.
Bret Easton Ellis has released the first trailer for his forthcoming indie film The Canyons.
Although Lindsay Lohan and adult film actor James Deen are attached to star, both are missing from the promo, which features a montage of images from Los Angeles such as the Hollywood sign and the legendary celebrity hangout Chateau Marmont. The soundtrack is the song "Coming Down" from the Dum Dum Girls, and the mood -- not to mention the West Coast imagery -- recalls the sleepy filler scenes from MTV's The Hills (a resemblance also noted by the Huffpo).
But this is not a reality show: it's an indie sexual thriller that adapts a script by the American Psycho author. As of last month, Lohan -- also set to star in the Lifetime biopic Liz & Dick -- was in talks to join Deen in the movie, which begins shooting this month with Paul Schrader in the director’s seat. The movie recently closed its funding via Kickstarter.
Ellis tweeted Lohan’s involvement in June, writing: "Shooting THE CANYONS starring James Deen and Lindsay Lohan: July 9-31 in L.A. Could not have dreamed of a better cast. Lindsay nailed it... ."
Watch The Canyons trailer below.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR