Bret Michaels Designing a Line of Pet Products
The Poison frontman is working with PetSmart to launch Bret Michaels Pets Rock by next summer.
If you frequently outfit your pet in bandanas, it’s highly likely that an upcoming line of pet products will appeal to you. That’s right: Poison frontman and former winner of Celebrity Apprentice Bret Michaels is designing a line of rock ‘n’ roll pet products for PetSmart.
"As a dedicated pet owner myself, this is a natural partnership for me, and I can't wait to unveil the collection,” the singer said. “I know my own pets rock, and I wanted to design a line of pet products every bit as fun and cool as they are."
He’s not the first celebrity to create a line of inspired pet-wear for the company: Martha Stewart launched her collection in 2010. We expect Michaels’ products will be a little, shall we say, louder than Stewart’s.
“Our pet parents have told us they want unique, high-quality products for their pets that are also fun and reflective of their personalities," says Matt McAdam, vice president of merchandising for PetSmart. "Adding the Bret Michaels Pets Rock collection to PetSmart stores enables us to continue to meet our pet parents' needs with a 'cool' line of products from an entertainer with a demonstrated passion for our four-legged family members."
It has not yet been revealed what the line will specifically look like, but the company says it will include dog beds, pet clothing, bowls and feeders, collars, and leashes, among other items.
PetSmart says that they were inspired to work with Michaels after they saw another side of him in his more recent reality show appearances, as well as his partnership with the American Diabetes Association, through which he gave funds and raised awareness of the disease. Michaels has had a lifelong battle with diabetes and is dependent on insulin.
The Bret Michaels Pets Rock collection will be available exclusively at PetSmart and is set to launch is Summer 2012.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama