Bret Michaels Designing a Line of Pet Products
The Poison frontman is working with PetSmart to launch Bret Michaels Pets Rock by next summer.
If you frequently outfit your pet in bandanas, it’s highly likely that an upcoming line of pet products will appeal to you. That’s right: Poison frontman and former winner of Celebrity Apprentice Bret Michaels is designing a line of rock ‘n’ roll pet products for PetSmart.
"As a dedicated pet owner myself, this is a natural partnership for me, and I can't wait to unveil the collection,” the singer said. “I know my own pets rock, and I wanted to design a line of pet products every bit as fun and cool as they are."
He’s not the first celebrity to create a line of inspired pet-wear for the company: Martha Stewart launched her collection in 2010. We expect Michaels’ products will be a little, shall we say, louder than Stewart’s.
“Our pet parents have told us they want unique, high-quality products for their pets that are also fun and reflective of their personalities," says Matt McAdam, vice president of merchandising for PetSmart. "Adding the Bret Michaels Pets Rock collection to PetSmart stores enables us to continue to meet our pet parents' needs with a 'cool' line of products from an entertainer with a demonstrated passion for our four-legged family members."
It has not yet been revealed what the line will specifically look like, but the company says it will include dog beds, pet clothing, bowls and feeders, collars, and leashes, among other items.
PetSmart says that they were inspired to work with Michaels after they saw another side of him in his more recent reality show appearances, as well as his partnership with the American Diabetes Association, through which he gave funds and raised awareness of the disease. Michaels has had a lifelong battle with diabetes and is dependent on insulin.
The Bret Michaels Pets Rock collection will be available exclusively at PetSmart and is set to launch is Summer 2012.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10