Brett Ratner's 'Hercules' to Hit Theaters in August 2014
The Dwayne Johnson movie is based on the graphic novel "Hercules: The Thracian Wars."
Brett Ratner's Hercules will be released in theaters Aug. 8, 2014, Paramount and MGM said Wednesday.
The two companies are partnering on the event pic, which stars Dwayne Johnson in the titular role and is based on Radical Studios' graphic novel Hercules: The Thracian Wars. The action film is a revisionist take on the classic myth and is set in a world where the supernatural does not exist.
The screenplay was adapted by Ryan Condal, with revisions by Evan Spiliotopoulos. Producers are Beau Flynn, Barry Levine and Ratner; executive producers are Peter Berg, Sarah Aubrey and Jesse Berger.
Johnson is no stranger to Paramount and stars in the studio's upcoming sequel G.I. Joe: Retaliation. The film, co-financed by Paramount and David Ellison's Skydance Productions, opens in theaters March 29. He also stars opposite Mark Wahlberg in Pain and Gain, which opens April 26.
Johnson is also the star of Universal's Fast and Furious 6, which opens in May.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama