Brian Grazer Buys a Murakami via Instagram
The super-producer and art fan tells THR he commented on an anime-inspired painting on the artist's photo feed, and secured the work.
This story first appeared in the Nov. 15 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
Japanese artist Takashi Murakami's paintings easily can sell in the high six figures, but apparently it's possible to pick one up online as well.
"I just bought a Murakami on Instagram," producer and art collector Brian Grazer told THR at the LACMA Art+Film Gala on Nov. 2. Grazer, after seeing the bright, anime-inspired painting on the artist's photo feed in October, posted, "Can I buy this please?" under comments.
Murakami ("I know him," said Grazer) typed back a heart and smiley-face symbol, and the painting was Grazer's.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game