'Bridesmaids' Actress Signs on for 'Magic Mike'
Wendi McLendon-Covey has been cast in Steven Soderbergh's drama about male strippers.
Wendi McLendon-Covey has joined the cast of director Steven Soderbergh's next project, Magic Mike.
The drama, which is based on the teenage experiences of actor Channing Tatum, takes place in the world of male strippers. Tatum, Matthew McConaughey, Alex Pettyfer, Matt Bomer, Cody Horn, Riley Keough and comedian Gabriel Iglesias make up much of the main cast. The story follows a veteran stripper's attempts to educate a rookie over a summer.
Tatum, Nick Wechsler, Gregory Jacobs and the film's screenwriter, Reid Carolin, are producing.
McLendon-Covey, who is repped by John Carrabino Management, has appeared on CBS's Rules of Engagement, Comedy Central's Reno: 911 and Lifetime's Lovespring International. In film, she most recently appeared in Bridesmaids, and she has upcoming roles in the indie comedy Sleeping Around and the Lionsgate ensemble comedy What to Expect When You're Expecting.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10