'Bridesmaids' Director Paul Feig and 'Hangover 2' Star Ken Jeong to Receive Just For Laughs Honors
Feig and Jeong will be honored as part of the Just For Laughs comedy conference in Montreal.
TORONTO – Bridesmaids director Paul Feig is to receive the comedy director of the year award at the upcoming Just For Laughs festival, while The Hangover 2 star Ken Jeong will pick up the breakout comedy star of the year trophy at the Montreal yukfest.
Feig, who has seen the runaway hit comedy Bridesmaids take $153 million at the box office and pass Sex and the City to become the top grossing R-rated female comedy, will be honored at the Just For Laughs comedy conference on July 29.
The director of the Kristen Wiig-starring and Judd Apatow-produced Bridesmaids will also give a master class in Montreal.
And Jeong, who returned to play Mr. Chow in The Hangover 2, will get his due at Just For Laughs after becoming a series regular on Community, and starring in Transformers 3 and the upcoming pic The Zookeeper.
The Just For Laughs comedy conference, to run from July 28 to 30, has already announced that Louis CK will receive the comedy person of the year award, while Steven Levitan and Christopher Lloyd will receive a comedy writers of the year tribute.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR