'Bridesmaids' Director Paul Feig Boards Universal's 'The Better Woman'
While a sequel to Bridemaids remains up in the air, its director Paul Feig is returning to Universal for the romantic comedy The Better Woman.
The project centers on an executive whose boyfriend leaves her for an older woman. The exec then searches out the woman to find out what went wrong in the relationship.
Amy Sherman-Palladino, the creator of TV’s Gilmore Girls, wrote the screenplay from an idea by Ron Bass and Jen Smolka.
Julie Yorn is producing.
Feig has been with the project for several months, even before he considered directing a third installment of the Bridget Jones movie series (he ultimately passed, and the movie, tentatively titled Bridget Jones' Baby, will be directed by Peter Cattaneo).
Feig directed Bridesmaids, one of the big surprise hits of last year. A sequel has been in a holding pattern for months as the movie's star Kristen Wiig has focused on other projects.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR