'Bridesmaids' Director in Talks for Reese Witherspoon Comedy 'Wish List' (Exclusive)
Paul Feig is taking on the Disney comedy about a woman whose childhood wishes are granted.
Bridesmaids director Paul Feig is in negotiations to come aboard Disney’s comedy fantasy Wish List.
Reese Witherspoon is attached to star in the project, which Mark Ciardi and Gordon Gray of Mayhem Pictures are producing. The story centers on a career-oriented woman whose perfectly tailored life is thrown for a loop when all the wishes she made as a child are suddenly granted.
Jonathan Aibel and Glenn Berger, the writers behind the international animation hit Kung Fu Panda 2, penned the script for the project, which initially was set up in 2001 as a vehicle for a male comedy star. Randi Mayem Singer wrote the draft that got Witherspoon attached.
Before Bridesmaids, Feig was best known for creating the short-lived but passionately loved TV show Freaks and Geeks. The 2011 Universal comedy starring Kristen Wiig made him an A-list comedy director, but while he’s attached himself to a couple of projects, he has yet to make another film.
Feig, repped by CAA and Sloane Offer, was scheduled to shoot a Bridget Jones sequel but left in the fall due to creative differences. He remains attached to a Universal rom-com titled The Better Woman.
It is unclear if Wish List, with Witherspoon attached and a studio hungry to get movies into production, will be his next movie.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Alexz Johnson Living "American Dream;" Pace & Revi and a Bicoastal "Hurricane"
- 'Game Of Thrones' Co-Star Reveals Lena Headey Had 'Mixed Feelings' About That Controversial Rape Scene
- Givin' 'Em Hell and Heaven: Conversations With Joe Satriani and Sebastian Bach
- Angel Haze Slams Homophobia In Hip-Hop, Discusses Sexuality
- Shantel VanSanten Leaves the 'Gang' Behind for Night of Music!
- Neil Patrick Harris Gets Support From Partner David Burtka at Opening Night of 'Hedwig and the Angry Inch'!
- 'Frozen' Soundtrack Nabs Its Biggest Sales Week, Stays at Number 1 for 11th Week
- Reese Witherspoon is All About Peeps in Her Easter Baskets!