'Bridesmaids' Rocks Weekend Box Office With $24.6 Million Opening
9:35 AM PDT 5/15/2011 by Pamela McClintock
UPDATED: The R-rated female comedy toplined by Kristen Wiig and Paul Bettany's "Priest" do better than expected, but can’t beat "Thor."
CANNES -- The mighty Thor and raunchy female comedy Bridesmaids helped fuel a box office rebound in the U.S., even without a new summer tentpole.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Social & Mobile