'Bridesmaids' Co-Writer Scores Big ABC TV Deal (Exclusive)
Annie Mumolo will develop a project for the studio that will be produced by Tagline, the company behind "Psych."
Fresh from the success of Bridesmaids, the film’s co-writer/co-producer Annie Mumolo has landed a rich blind script deal at ABC.
The deal, which closed late Tuesday, calls for Mumolo to develop a project for ABC Studios that will be produced by Tagline, the production company behind USA’s hit dramedy Psych, as well as the recently-picked up ABC series Man Up.
Mumolo, an alumni of the Los Angeles improv comedy troupe the Groundlings, is on quite a hot streak lately.
Bridesmaids, which she co-wrote with star Kristen Wiig, exceeded box-office expectations last weekend with a $26.2 million opening. The Universal comedy from superproducer Judd Apatow particularly impressed Hollywood with its ability to draw males to a female-centric pic. About a third of the film’s audience was made up of men.
Mumolo and Bridesmaids co-star Melissa McCarthy also recently sold a feature comedy pitch to Paramount that will act as a starring vehicle for McCarthy, with Lorne Michaels and John Goldwyn attached to produce.
Mumolo is repped by UTA, Thruline and attorney Karl Austen.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David