'Bridesmaids' Co-Writer Scores Big ABC TV Deal (Exclusive)
Annie Mumolo will develop a project for the studio that will be produced by Tagline, the company behind "Psych."
Fresh from the success of Bridesmaids, the film’s co-writer/co-producer Annie Mumolo has landed a rich blind script deal at ABC.
The deal, which closed late Tuesday, calls for Mumolo to develop a project for ABC Studios that will be produced by Tagline, the production company behind USA’s hit dramedy Psych, as well as the recently-picked up ABC series Man Up.
Mumolo, an alumni of the Los Angeles improv comedy troupe the Groundlings, is on quite a hot streak lately.
Bridesmaids, which she co-wrote with star Kristen Wiig, exceeded box-office expectations last weekend with a $26.2 million opening. The Universal comedy from superproducer Judd Apatow particularly impressed Hollywood with its ability to draw males to a female-centric pic. About a third of the film’s audience was made up of men.
Mumolo and Bridesmaids co-star Melissa McCarthy also recently sold a feature comedy pitch to Paramount that will act as a starring vehicle for McCarthy, with Lorne Michaels and John Goldwyn attached to produce.
Mumolo is repped by UTA, Thruline and attorney Karl Austen.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack