'Bridesmaids' Co-Writer Scores Big ABC TV Deal (Exclusive)
Annie Mumolo will develop a project for the studio that will be produced by Tagline, the company behind "Psych."
Fresh from the success of Bridesmaids, the film’s co-writer/co-producer Annie Mumolo has landed a rich blind script deal at ABC.
The deal, which closed late Tuesday, calls for Mumolo to develop a project for ABC Studios that will be produced by Tagline, the production company behind USA’s hit dramedy Psych, as well as the recently-picked up ABC series Man Up.
Mumolo, an alumni of the Los Angeles improv comedy troupe the Groundlings, is on quite a hot streak lately.
Bridesmaids, which she co-wrote with star Kristen Wiig, exceeded box-office expectations last weekend with a $26.2 million opening. The Universal comedy from superproducer Judd Apatow particularly impressed Hollywood with its ability to draw males to a female-centric pic. About a third of the film’s audience was made up of men.
Mumolo and Bridesmaids co-star Melissa McCarthy also recently sold a feature comedy pitch to Paramount that will act as a starring vehicle for McCarthy, with Lorne Michaels and John Goldwyn attached to produce.
Mumolo is repped by UTA, Thruline and attorney Karl Austen.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Social & Mobile
From our partners
- Amanda Bynes Maintains That She Did Not Throw a Bong, Claims NYPD Sexually Harassed Her
- Photos: Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper, and Amy Adams on the Set of David O. Russell's American Hustle
- Watch Will and Jaden Smith Do a Father-Son Version of The Fresh Prince of Bel Air Rap
- Listen to Diplo's Endless Summer Playlist