Brie Larson in Talks to Star in 'The Good Luck of Right Now' for DreamWorks
Jonathan Dayton and Valerie Faris will direct the adaptation of "Silver Linings Playbook" author Matthew Quick's upcoming novel.
Brie Larson is in negotiations to star in an adaptation of Silver Linings Playbook author Matthew Quick's upcoming novel The Good Luck of Right Now for DreamWorks.
Little Miss Sunshine's Jonathan Dayton and Valerie Faris have signed on to direct, while Mike White (School of Rock, Enlightened) is writing the screenplay. Bruce Cohen (Silver Linings Playbook, Milk) is producing.
The story follows the intertwined lives of four people, all outsiders in their own right. However, in the wake of grieving over pain and loss in their lives, they come together to form the most unlikely family.
Quick's book hits shelves Feb. 11.
Larson, whose recent credits include The Spectacular Now and 21 Jump Street, generated awards-season buzz for her role in Short Term 12. Coming up, she's also on board to co-star in Paramount's remake of The Gambler.
She is repped by Gersh, Authentic and attorney Robert Offer.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR