Brie Larson in Talks to Star Opposite Mark Walhberg in 'The Gambler'
Rupert Wyatt is directing remake of the 1974 Paramount drama.
Brie Larson is in talks for the female lead opposite Mark Wahlberg in The Gambler, Paramount’s remake of the 1974 drama that starred James Caan.
Rupert Wyatt is directing the movie, which again focuses on Jim Bennett, a college literature professor, being played by Wahlberg, whose vices cause his life to spiral out of control.
Larson will play one of Bennett’s students with whom he’s in love.
Irwin Winkler and Robert Chartoff are producing.
Larson is coming off an indie trifecta, appearing in the well-regarded movies The Spectacular Now, Destin Cretton’s Short Term 12 and Don Jon, Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s directorial debut.
She was also the female lead in 21 Jump Street and part of the ensemble of Showtime's United States of Tara.
Larson is repped by Gersh and ROAR.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)