Brilliant Films, Tele Munchen Group Building 'Crooked House' (Cannes)
Neil LaBute attached to direct project, based on an Agatha Christie mystery novel.
CANNES -- British production house Brilliant Films and Germany’s Tele Munchen Group are teaming to build Crooked House, a feature based on the mystery novel of the same name by English crime queen Agatha Christie.
Matthew Goode is attached to star alongside Julie Andrews, Gemma Arterton and Gabriel Byrne.
Oscar-winner Julian Fellowes (Gosford Park) and Tim Rose Price (The Serpent’s Kiss) have adapted Christie’s book for the screen and Neil LaBute (Lakeview Terrace) is attached to direct.
The novel focuses on the murder of eccentric multi-millionaire Aristede Leonides, who has kept his whole family living in a single, sprawling mansion, the “crooked” house of the title. When Detective Charles Hayward (Goode) comes to investigate the killing, further members of the household get picked off, leading to a race against time to find the killer and the dark family secret behind the crimes.
TMG topper Herbert Kloiber will produce Crooked House together with Brilliant Films’ Joe Abrams and Rory Gilmartin.
Brilliant Films funded the development of the project via their own equity fund.
Casting is still underway but Crooked House is set to begin shooting in the U.K. later this year.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack