Brilliant Films, Tele Munchen Group Building 'Crooked House' (Cannes)
Neil LaBute attached to direct project, based on an Agatha Christie mystery novel.
CANNES -- British production house Brilliant Films and Germany’s Tele Munchen Group are teaming to build Crooked House, a feature based on the mystery novel of the same name by English crime queen Agatha Christie.
Matthew Goode is attached to star alongside Julie Andrews, Gemma Arterton and Gabriel Byrne.
Oscar-winner Julian Fellowes (Gosford Park) and Tim Rose Price (The Serpent’s Kiss) have adapted Christie’s book for the screen and Neil LaBute (Lakeview Terrace) is attached to direct.
The novel focuses on the murder of eccentric multi-millionaire Aristede Leonides, who has kept his whole family living in a single, sprawling mansion, the “crooked” house of the title. When Detective Charles Hayward (Goode) comes to investigate the killing, further members of the household get picked off, leading to a race against time to find the killer and the dark family secret behind the crimes.
TMG topper Herbert Kloiber will produce Crooked House together with Brilliant Films’ Joe Abrams and Rory Gilmartin.
Brilliant Films funded the development of the project via their own equity fund.
Casting is still underway but Crooked House is set to begin shooting in the U.K. later this year.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Aerosmith's 'Dream On' Performed To Honor Boston Marathon Victims And Survivors (VIDEO)
- Bryan Singer Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Underage Boy
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"