Bristol Palin Denies Her Mother Forced Her on 'DWTS'
Runner-up responds to contestant Margaret Cho's claims, makes a gay joke.
Bristol Palin set the Dancing With the Stars record straight on Sunday, denying that her mother Sarah Palin pressed her take part in the reality competition.
"Let me be blunt: my mom did not 'force' me to go on DWTS," Bristol Palin said in an open letter on her Facebook page. "She did not ask me either. The show approached me. I thought about it. I made the decision."
The response came after comedian and fellow dancer Margaret Cho blogged last week that the "only reason Bristol was on the show was because Sarah Palin forced her to do it." The post was called "Pistol Whipped" in reference to Bristol's nickname.
While Cho called Palin "a friend" in the post, there were no feeling of warmth in Palin's retort Sunday.
'Let me shamelessly steal from Saturday Night Live: 'Really, Margaret? Really?'" Palin wrote, adding, "It is this type of hurtful and false narrative that people promote to make my mom look bad."
Palin ended the letter with a joke about Cho's bisexuality, saying that if she truly understood conservative values, "you would embrace us faster than KD Lang at an Indigo Girls concert."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack