Bristol Palin Takes Shot at President Obama Over Bill Maher's Crude Comments About Her
The former "Dancing With the Stars" contestant blogs about the lack of push back following the comedian's crude remarks.
Another shot was fired in the war over which political party's tenuously-aligned commentators are more disrespectful toward women, and it's a big one.
In the fallout from Rush Limbaugh's highly controversial remarks about birth control advocate Sandra Fluke, Republicans have focused on lewd jokes told by liberal comedian Bill Maher. The latest comes from Bristol Palin, who hits at Maher for a number of comments he made about her pregnancy; given Maher's recent donation of $1 million to President Obama's Super PAC, the attack comes in the form of a letter to the the president. Palin asks that he call her, just as he did Fluke after Limbaugh's attacks.
"Here’s why I’m a little surprised my phone hasn’t rung. Your $1,000,000 donor Bill Maher has said reprehensible things about my family. He’s made fun of my brother because of his Down’s Syndrome. He’s said I was 'f—-d so hard a baby fell out,'" she writes on her blog.
"If Maher talked about [Obama's daughters] Malia and Sasha that way, you’d return his dirty money and the Secret Service would probably have to restrain you," Palin continues. "After all, I’ve always felt you understood my plight more than most because your mom was a teenager. That’s why you stood up for me when you were campaigning against Sen. McCain and my mom — you said vicious attacks on me should be off limits."
Last week, it was reported that Obama's top campaign adviser, David Axelrod, had pulled out of an appearance on Maher's show, presumably because of the controversy. And Maher is not the only one to suffer because of long-ago comments about the Palins; Louis C.K. pulled out of a planned keynote address to the Television and Radio Congressional Correspondents dinner after Fox News' Greta Van Susteren complained about things he had said about Palin over Twitter.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Lindsay Lohan Misses Her AA Meeting, Blames Paparazzi On Premiere Of OWN Series (VIDEO)
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed