Brit Awards 2013: U.S. Acts Dominate International Categories
Bruce Springsteen, Frank Ocean, Rihanna and Taylor Swift all garner international nominations for the annual music industry shindig.
LONDON – Rihanna, Alicia Keys, Cat Power, Lana del Ray and Taylor Swift lead an all American assault on the international female accolade for the Brit Awards 2013.
The nominations for the annual music industry awards show in the British capital also see North American acts dominate the international male category.
Bruce Springsteen, Frank Ocean, Gotye, Jack White and Michael Buble all secured a nomination slot.
The international group crown will be fought for by Alabama Shakes, The Black Keys, Fun., The Killers and The Script.
Emeli Sandé, Alt-J and Mumford and Sons lead this year's nominations for the British plaudits.
Sandé, who performed during the London 2012 Olympics opening ceremony, is nominated four times with Alt-J and Mumford and Sons both picking up three nominations.
The Rolling Stones are scheduled to perform but are not due to pick up a lifetime achievement award.
The veteran rock band is nominated for best British live act -- an award which returns after last being handed out in 2009 -- and will strut their stuff alongside acts including Muse, Sandé and One Direction.
Adele is up for two awards even though the songstress has not released an album since January 2011.
Her Oscar nominated song for the James Bond movie Skyfall is nominated for best British single, while she will take on boy band One Direction and Mumford and Sons for the event's brand new category for this year – the global success award.
It aims to recognize a British act's worldwide success.
The ceremony, which is the United Kingdom's largest annual music awards show, is scheduled to dish out its myriad awards February 20, hosted by James Corden.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kate Upton is Bringing Sexy Curves Back, Model Jessica White Praises!
- Vanessa Hudgens Flashes Her Calvins in Low Slung Shorts!
- Man Sings Frozen's 'Let It Go' in 21 Different Disney Voices & It's as Amazing as You'd Think!
- Neil Patrick Harris Skypes in Shirtless for 'How I Met Your Mother' PaleyFest Panel!