British Board of Film Classification Names New President
Patrick Swaffer will be in charge of the British movie censor, for which he once headed legal affairs.
LONDON -- The British Board of Film Classification has appointed Patrick Swaffer as president.
Swaffer, appointed Wednesday, succeeds Quentin Thomas, who steps down after 10 years.
Swaffer, a senior lawyer by trade, is currently a legal consultant and is a partner in Media Compliance Services LLP.
He knows the BBFC well having been its legal adviser for many years, a role which he will now relinquish.
He said: “I am delighted to have been appointed president of the BBFC in their centenary year – a remarkable achievement of longevity reflecting the continuing public desire for the prior classification of films and DVDs."
Swaffey's appointment will be formally rubber-stamped after the Culture, Media and Sport minister Maria Miller proposes his name to Parliament.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)