British film, TV landing on Canal Plus
PARIS -- British films and TV programs have found a French lover in Canal Plus as the Gallic broadcaster begins "British Week" on Saturday.
The one-week event will include British guests on the network's popular talk shows and a series of unprecedented additions to the programming lineup such as "Allons Donc a Londres" (So Let's Go to London) hosted by Antoine de Caunes and a documentary about London's female population "from young mums to city yuppies to posh girls to portobello hippies," Canal Plus programmers said in a statement.
French viewers also will be able to watch some of the favorite shows of their friends across the Channel including Channel 4's new series "The It Crowd," cult sketch comedy hit "Little Britain," "The Office" and two episodes of "Extras" during a special comedy night titled "Very British Comedy."
U.K. feature films also will be in the spotlight with "The Queen," "Hooligans" and "Opal Dream" on the programming lineup in addition to a series of short films.
Viewers also can sing along to Paul McCartney's concert at Paris' l'Olympia recorded last month or U.K. bad boy Pete Doherty and Babyshambles, whose new album "Shotter's Nation" was voted the network's album of the week.
Sports fans can catch rugby and soccer matches and the political crowd can tune in for satire "The Trial of Tony Blair."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Neil Patrick Harris is the Theatrical Man of the Year at Hasty Pudding Awards!
- President Barack Obama & Zach Galifianakis Throw Insults Back & Forth for 'Between Two Ferns' (Video)
- Kristen Bell Makes a Switcheroo for 'Veronica Mars' Premiere After Party!
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting