British Pop Star Gary Glitter Released on Bail
London police had detained him Sunday as part of the Jimmy Savile sexual abuse probe that has rocked the BBC.
LONDON - Former British pop star Gary Glitter was released on bail and returned to his home Monday following his Sunday morning arrest as part of a police probe related to the Jimmy Savile sex abuse allegations.
The Independent reported Monday night that Glitter was expected to return to a police station in mid-December.
Glitter, 68, was the first person to be arrested by London police investigating allegations of sexual abuse by late former BBC host Savile and others. Police didn't say what suspicions or allegations Glitter was asked about.
The Independent said police interviewed him in Central London for nine hours.
Glitter's most famous song is "Rock'n Roll Part 2," which is often played at sports events.
Since the Savile sex abuse allegations became a topic in September, about
300 people have complained to the London Metropolitan Police, also known as Scotland Yard, that they were sexually abused by him or associates. Many back then were under-age females.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Experience The Controlled Chaos Behind Cuba Gooding Jr.'s 1997 Oscars Acceptance Speech
- John Gallagher Jr. On The Upcoming Final Season Of 'The Newsroom'
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Gedeon Luke Keeps the Soul Train Moving ; Viv and the Revival Breaks Your Heart
- Comcast To Charge Insane Amount For A Single Season Of 'House Of Cards'