British Stage Star Laura Michelle Kelly Becomes Aussie Movie 'Goddess'
Ealing Metro International to debut promo reel to AFM buyers for Aussie musical comedy which also stars Ronan Keating.
LONDON – Ealing Metro International will debut a promo reel to buyers at this year’s American Film Market for Australian musical comedy Goddess, starring British stage star Laura Michelle Kelly.
The U.K.-based sales and finance house took on worldwide sales duties for the picture, which is currently in post-production.
It details the story of an isolated housewife who becomes an Internet singing sensation.
Irish pop star Ronan Keating makes his big screen debut alongside Kelly as her husband in the movie.
The movie is directed and co-written by Mark Lamprell and produced by Richard Keddie and Andrena Finlay.
The film’s musical direction is from Judy Morris, co-director of Happy Feet.
The project is backed by Village Roadshow, which is planning a wide release in the summer of 2012 in Australia and New Zealand.
Kelly won an Olivier award in the U.K. for her performance in Cameron Mackintosh's stage revival of Mary Poppins.
She has previously been seen on screen in Tim Burton's Sweeney Todd.
Lamprell’s resume boasts a co-writing credit for Babe: Pig in the City, and he also directed My Mother Frank and After the Rain.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Jennifer Garner's Birthday Will Be Spent At A Talent Show
- Pharrell Williams Tells Oprah About The Big Mistake He Made On His First Solo Album (VIDEO)
- The First 'Orange Is The New Black' Season 2 Trailer Is Finally Here And It's Amazing
- A Bloods General Describes Gang Life In Exclusive Clip From Tribeca Film, 'Five Star'