Britney Spears Concertgoer Dies on Carnival Ride Outside Venue
A 31-year-old woman plummeted to her death on a festival ride on the grounds of Dublin's O2 arena Monday.
A woman died violently on a carnival ride right outside the O2 concert venue in Dublin after watching Britney Spears perform there.
The U.K. Daily Mail reports that the 31-year-old had watched Spears' Femme Fatale tour before boarding the fairground ride, which had been set up right outside the venue for fans. It's unclear if the rides were connected to Spears, the Daily Mail reports.
The woman reportedly was thrown to the ground around 11:20 p.m. She died instantly and her body was removed from the scene, according to the Daily Mail. No other information was released by officials, who are conducting an investigation. The festival area has been cordoned off.
There is speculation the ride's malfunction may have been related to heavy rains, which have plagued East Ireland over the past 24 hours. An emergency was declared in Dublin after the Dodder, Poddle and Camac overflowed their banks.
It's the latest weather-related tragedy to occur during a concert.
This summer, Sugarland's stage collapsed at the Indiana State Fair, killing several people.
The Pukkelpop Music Festival — which was to feature performances by Eminem, The Foo Fighters and Offspring — was canceled after five were killed in August.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR