Britney Spears Confirms Tour With Nicki Minaj
Minaj replaces Enrique Iglesias, who dropped out the day the Femme Fatale tour was announced.
After much speculation, Britney Spears has confirmed that Nicki Minaj is joining her tour. Minaj replaces Enrique Iglesias, who dropped out of Spears' Femme Fatale tour the day it was announced.
"This is the Femme Fatale tour, and I'm thrilled to have the hot Nicki Minaj join me and Jessie and the Toy Boys and Nervo will get everyone on the dance floor," Spears wrote on her Web site. "Can't wait to take the Femme Fatales on the road."
Minaj is currently on Lil Wayne's I Am Still Music tour, which wraps up May 1 in New Jersey.
Spears' tour kicks off June 16 in Sacramento, running 26 dates throughout North America and ending August 13 in Toronto. Tickets go on sale April 30.
Her manager, Larry Rudolph, recently told MTV News the Femme Fatale tour will have a similar "post-apocalyptic vibe" to her "Till the World Ends" video.
"The way we come up with a concept for a show like this is we sit with Britney, she talks to us about what she's interested in and what excites her," Rudolph said. "We start with the songs on the album; we start with coming up with general, broad concepts. She tells us what interests her and excites her, and from there, we have [the input of music tour director] Jamie King and [choreographer] Brian Friedman."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!
- Lupita Nyong'o Hugs Stylist Micaela Erlanger for THR's Top Stylists Issue, Kristen Stewart & More Featured!
- Leslie Mann Supports PaleyFest Icon Award Honoree Judd Apatow!
- Cara Delevingne & Kate Moss Team Up for New Burberry Fragrance Campaign!