Britney Spears' Fiance Jason Trawick to Become Her Co-Conservator
The singer's father Jamie Spears has asked a court to have Trawick share legal control over his daughter's general well-being.
Britney Spears' fiance Jason Trawick is set to become the singer's co-conservator.
Spears' father Jamie Spears has asked a court to have future son-in-law Trawick share legal control over his daughter's general well-being but not her finances, People reports. That means Trawick, a talent manager and former agent, would oversee things like food, clothing and medical care.
Trawick, 40, and Spears, 30, got engaged in December while in Las Vegas. He would be the singer's third husband; she was previously married to Kevin Federline and Jason Alexander for 55 hours.
The move also fueled speculation that a Spears-Trawick wedding may be in the near future.
"This is a very unusual situation, because generally you don't see conservatees get married," said probate attorney Jeffrey S. Cohen, who is not involved with the case. "This could be a sign that the couple's wedding is around the corner."
Spears' father has served as conservator over his daughter and her fortune since February 2008, after she had a psychological breakdown.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram