Britney Spears Live Gigs: What Critics Are Saying
The "Femme Fatale" singer looked hotter than ever — but she lost points by lip-syncing.
In her first public performances since her successful Circus tour in 2009, Britney Spears put on two shows over the weekend in Las Vegas and San Francisco — but fans and critics are split.
Spears’ set Friday night at Las Vegas' Palms Casino Resort's Rain Night Club included three songs from her new album, Femme Fatale (out Tuesday): "Hold it Against Me," "Till the World Ends" and "Big Fat Bass."Fox News noted she “transformed herself into a pop vixen,” wearing a revealing leather basque during the gig, while an E! News seemed to be impressed, stating the performance seemed to be a “hit.” The only downfall, according to a Las Vegas Journal Review blogger: She lip-synced (as she often does). Still, noted Las Vegas Weekly: "It was clear that the slim, trim and smiling Britney -- with a full head of hair swirling -- was having a great time and enjoying every moment of reconnecting close up with her fans." Fans who missed out on the gig can watch portions on MTV, whose cameras captured footage for an upcoming special, according to the network. On Sunday, Spears taped her ABC Good Morning America appearance (set to air Tuesday) from San Francisco's Bill Graham Civic Auditorium. The gig included many of the same numbers from her Vegas performance. "Thank you so much," Spears told the audience of 6,000, according to the San Francisco Chronicle. "I love this city. It's beautiful." A San Jose Mercury News critic noted that among the highlights was Spears gyrating “in a brief, sparkly bodysuit while surrounded by six leather-clad dancers” during “Hold It Against Me.” But the critic said it was “disappointing that she didn’t deliver a few more tunes, or dive into her big bag of greatest hits.” Fans didn't seem to care. "It was freakin' sick, honestly," one told MTV News said. "She's hot and everyone who hates on her: whatevs! She's hella hot!" Sasha Yung added that she “liked the last song, ['Till The World Ends']. I liked the wind blowing through her hair and I loved her scandalous outfit." After her performance, Spears Tweeted, “Just wrapped GMA. I love love love you San Francisco!” She then hit the gay bar QBar in the famous Castro district to meet fans.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera